A few quick tips
- To get results, use your plan daily as a working document.
- Update it regularly to keep it relevant and stay focused on priorities.
- Tips are provided throughout Business Sorter. Just press the symbols.
Planning flow diagram
A step-by-step guide on how to create a highly effective plan and keep your team focused on priorities for better results.
Explore the whole pie
For many people, working on the business is harder than it sounds. Find out why it's important to look at every area of the pie.
Get the most out of Business Sorter
Ten handy tips to make Business Sorter work for your business.
- Involve all key people from the start. A range of views usually leads to a better outcome. Also, you’re more likely to get buy-in, save time, and avoid conflict later.
- Prior to your first planning meeting with Business Sorter, send out an invitation asking your team to think about areas of the business that need attention.
- Everyone has different expertise and experience. Some cards may need to be discussed in detail so that everyone understands what they mean, and can judge their level of importance.
- As part of your weekly team talk, discuss progress on your overall plan, agree actions for the coming week and schedule further meetings to deal with specific tasks.
- If you run a business by yourself, it’s best not to take on too many objectives at one time – limit it to about three or four.
- If you have other people working for you, delegate tasks if possible.
Business Sorter step by step
- Carry out a SWOT analysis of your business if you haven’t done one recently.
- Pick any area to start sorting.
- Sort through objective cards and decide what you need to focus on.
- Prioritise up to 7 objectives.
- Decide which key steps will help you achieve your objectives.
- Prioritise your key steps.
- Add detail to your plan, and edit objectives and key steps if you wish to.
- Review and update your plan regularly, using it as a working document.
Sorry but you are using an unsupported browser. To use this web application we recommend you visit Browse Happy and upgrade.